Augmented Reality mode is available for certain iPhones and iPads. To place a 3D model in an environment:
- Navigate to the Gross Anatomy Lab or Microanatomy section and select a view.
- Turn on Augmented Reality mode.
- Scan the environment to find a surface. Visual indicators let you know when you are close to finding a surface.
- When AR mode finds a surface, a yellow target appears.
- Tap the target to place the model.
- Use these finger gestures to adjust or interact with the model:
- Drag two fingers on screen to reposition
- Use one finger to rotate
- Pinch open or close to scale
- Select a structure to access additional information and features
If you are having trouble finding a target in AR mode, here are some tips:
- Turn on more lights in the room
- Slow down the rate at which you move your iPhone/iPad around to detect a surface in the room
- Move around the room, scanning more surfaces and from various angles
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad is pointed at a sufficiently textured surface