This Agreement, together with the Visible Body Subscription Agreement between Argosy Publishing, Inc. and Subscriber, sets forth the terms and conditions for your access to and use of the Visible Body software and Website (the "Service"). If you wish to use the Service, you must agree to these terms and conditions. By clicking on the "Launch Visible Body" button, you are entering into a contract with Argosy Publishing, Inc. (the "Company" or "we") for access to the Service, and you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, add or remove portions of this Agreement at any time. If we do so, we will post such changes on the Website. Any changes to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Your use of the Service after such any such change is posted will be deemed to be your acceptance of the change.
2. You agree to be bound by the following rules, which are important for the proper operation of the Service. Your failure to follow such rules, whether listed below or in subsequent modifications to this Agreement, may result in termination of your access to and right to use the Service.
- Do not permit anyone to access or use the Service by logging into the network with your credentials.
- Do not remove or alter Argosy's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the VB Software.
- Do not use the Service to commit a crime, or to plan, encourage or help others commit a crime, including crimes relating to computers.
- Do not use any part of the Service, its design or any of the content for personal or financial gain without our written permission.
- Do not modify, translate, decompile, nor create or attempt to create, by reverse engineering or otherwise, the Service, or any part thereof, or adapt the whole or any part thereof in any way, or use the Service to create a derivative work.
- Do not systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple portions of the Service for any purpose other than course handout materials, student papers, or presentations. Any such course handout materials, student papers, or presentations should include "Image courtesy of Visible Body" displayed with the image or video.
- Do not display or distribute any part of the Service on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Framing, linking, republication or redistribution without our written permission is prohibited.
3. The Service is usually available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we retain the right to make the Service unavailable from time to time for any reason. You agree that Company shall not be liable for any damages arising from any interruption, suspension or unavailability of the Service, regardless of the cause.
4. We make no representations or warranties as to the Service or any information provided in or through the Service. The Service and the information provided in or through the Service are provided AS IS and AS AVAILABLE without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. We reserve the right to add, delete, change, improve, update or otherwise modify the information provided in or through the Service without notice. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Service. The material accessed in or through the Service does not, and is not meant to, constitute medical advice and should not be relied upon for health care or any other purpose.
5. Your use of this Service is at your own risk.
6. The information, data, text, images, graphics and other content provided in or through the Service is the property of Company, its affiliates, or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You must not, in any way, modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in the Service, nor publish, reproduce, republish, create derivative works, copy, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise use any content or other proprietary information contained in the Service without Company's written permission.
7. ARGOSY PUBLISHING, VISIBLE BODY® and associated logos and designs are trademarks of the Company. Other trademarks used in the Service are the property of their respective owners, are registered where indicated, and are used by Company under license from their respective owners.
8. Company reserves the right to terminate your use of the Service by disabling your access to the Service immediately without notice if Company, in its sole discretion, determines that your use of the Service does not comply with this Agreement, or violates any local, state, national or international laws, or interferes with others' use of the Service, or adversely affects operations of the Service.