This article is for students or instructors who are using Courseware through the Canvas integration. Here we have collected the most common troubleshooting questions from students and instructors.
1. My school uses the Canvas single sign-on. What should I do?
- If you are a student, see this article for setting up your Courseware account to work with Canvas.
- If you are an instructor, see this article to set up your Courseware account to work with Canvas.
2. I am an instructor who just finished teaching a course that used the Courseware-Canvas integration. I teach again next semester. How do I use my Courseware-Canvas integrated course again?
When you (or your school's Canvas admin) create a new Canvas course for the new semester, link that new Canvas course to your Courseware course. That's the second step outlined in this article.
If you do not see Courseware available to add in that second step, it is likely the integration you've been using was not for all Canvas courses at your school, but was only set up for the course you used last semester. If that is the case, see the first part of this article about adding Courseware as an external tool. You can use the same secret and key that you used last semester.
3. I am an instructor and I teach at two different schools. One school has a site license to Courseware through Canvas; the other uses Canvas, but students are required to buy Courseware access because the second school does not have a site license. Can I use the same instructor account for both schools?
You cannot use the same instructor account for two schools because each instructor account is tied to a unique school. Request a separate instructor account from your sales rep for each school. If you do not have your rep's email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrate each Canvas course with the corresponding Courseware courses. Each Courseware account's course needs to be linked with the corresponding Canvas account. For example, in the Canvas course for school A, you'll need to use that school's secret and key to set up the integration, and then you'll need to link that course to the correct Courseware course within your school A Courseware account. In school B's Canvas course, you'll use a different secret and key and will want to link your course to the correct Courseware course in your school B Courseware account.
To see more detailed instructions to integrate a Courseware course with Canvas, see this article.
When this is complete, your students and any co-instructors you want to add to your course will be separated correctly by school.
4. I am an instructor with a student who is unable to access Canvas. Can I still add them to my Courseware Course outside of Canvas?
Yes, you can send them an invite link from the Courseware course. However, if your school has a Courseware site license through Canvas, the student will need to purchase access to Courseware. This is because the Canvas integration is what allows the student to bypass a purchase and use the school's site license. Your student will be prompted to purchase access when they log into Courseware from outside of your school's Canvas.
5. I am an instructor without a school email address. Will the students joining my Canvas-integrated Courseware course have access to Courseware through the school's Courseware site license?
As long as your Courseware account is linked to your school Canvas account and your students access the course through the school Canvas account, they will have access through the site license if it has been integrated with Courseware. See how to integrate Canvas with Courseware in this article.
If you are still having trouble with your Canvas Courseware integration, please contact support.