This article is for Visible Body users who want to know how to start using Visible Biology, search for preset views, and how to move the 3D models.
If you want to browse, the menu bar on the main screen is organized by Units.
Under Units, all the 3D models and animations are organized by Unit type.
The Study section allows you to explore Flashcards, Quizzes, and Lab Activities you create and save.
The My Library section allows you to explore Tours, and Favorites you create and save.
If you are interested in a specific model or unit, you can enter it into the Content Search and then sort through the categorized results.
3: My Library
5: 3D Models
6: Content Search
How do I move the model around?
Use the following gestures to move or interact with the 3D models on screen.
On a trackpad:
Rotate: Drag one finger to rotate the model
Move/Pan: Drag two fingers to move the model around the screen
Zoom/Scale: Spread two fingers apart to zoom in. Pinch two fingers together to zoom out
Select: Tap on a structure to select it
On a QWERTY keyboard:
Rotate: From left to right, hold down the X key and click and drag with the mouse or trackpad. Another option is to hold down the left or right arrow keys.
For up and down, hold down the Y key and click and drag with the mouse or trackpad. Another option is to hold down the up or down arrow keys.
Move/Pan: Use WASD to move the model around the screen
Zoom/Scale: Hold down the Shift and hold down or tap + to zoom in. Hold down the Shift and hold down or tap - to zoom out.
Accessing detailed information about a 3D view
Any view that you launch has additional information and related content. The following can be found in the Content box:
- The name of the current view will be listed at the top of the content box.
- Select the information icon to see a detailed description.
- When you select any 3D object, it will highlight in blue and the name of the object will be displayed in the content box.
- Select the book icon for a definition.
- The speaker icon, available only in English, plays a pronunciation of the selected object’s name.
- To learn about a structure’s relationship within the general view select the caret and view the hierarchy. Select the hierarchy to get additional information.
- The Related Content bar lists other assets that may be of interest depending on what structure you have selected. Selecting icons in Related Content provides access to other Views and animations.