For A&P 3.0
1. From the Units menu, select a topic with a cube at the right side of the screen. The topic will appear on screen with a 3D model set accompanied by a left bar with text and buttons.
2. The text explains key points about the anatomy viewable in the 3D model set. The bulleted “hot buttons” name key anatomical structures. Tap these buttons one by one to see these structures highlighted in blue in the model.
3. You can collapse the left bar by tapping the gray caret on the left side of the screen.
4. You can further investigate, dissect, or add anatomy to the model set on screen using the following instructions:
Rotate by clicking and dragging your mouse to turn or tilt the model.
Pan the model by dragging around the screen with the middle mouse button.
Zoom in or out by scrolling in or out, respectively.
Get information about a specific structure by selecting it. The structure will highlight and its name appears at the top of the screen. Click the "Speaker" icon to the right of the name to hear the structure’s name pronounced. Click the "Definition" icon to read its definition.
Hide or fade a structure by tapping on it, then selecting the Hide or Fade on-screen buttons.
Add more models by clicking on a structure to reveal the structure’s name, then selecting the group names to the left of the structure name.
Reset the 3D model set by selecting any structure on screen, then selecting the refresh View button at the right side of the screen.
For A&P 2.0
- Interactive 3D anatomy models are designated by a cube on the topic’s icon. Click on the icon to open the model in the main screen.
- Brief written information about the anatomy appears to the left of the model, along with buttons that name key anatomical structures. Click on these buttons one by one to see these structures highlighted in blue in the model.
- Click directly on an anatomical structure to highlight it and see its name at the top of the screen. Click on the speaker icon to the right of the name to hear the structure’s pronunciation, or click on the definition icon to read its definition.
- Further explore the model by rotating it, hiding and fading structures to see behind them, and zooming in to take a closer look. Click on the “Tips” icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen for visual instruction on these controls.
- Rotate with the on-screen joystick, or click and hold while dragging your mouse to turn or tilt the model.
- Pan the model by using the arrows around the on-screen navigation wheel, hitting the space bar and clicking the mouse to move the model about the screen, or holding the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) down and moving the mouse.
- Zoom in or out by using the zoom bar under the on-screen navigation wheel, or use your mouse wheel. You can also double-click on a structure to zoom in.
- Select a structure by clicking on it and turning it blue. You can then hide or fade it by clicking on the on-screen buttons. To select through a faded object, hold down the T key and select it.