We sell apps to individuals for personal use and schools and businesses for instructional and professional reference. Use this article to match your needs to the type of product licenses and features we offer!
Personal use apps for your mobile device or laptop
You can purchase individual use apps through our website, Google Play, the Apple App Store, or Windows Store. The Explore Apps section of our website has fast lists to get to all of these options!
Some buying advice about these individual use apps:
- These apps are sold as licenses to one user to use on one device type.
- If you have an iOS phone or iPad the app will work on both, provided your devices meet the system requirements. If you purchase one of our apps for an Android phone or tablet the same is true! If you have a laptop, you’ll want either the MacOS or Windows versions.
- Want to make sure one of our apps works on your mobile device or computer before you purchase? Here are links to the system requirements of our best-selling apps:
- For a complete understanding of the individual use license we offer, read our EULA (end user license agreement).
Note: If your purchase is for computers or mobile devices available to multiple users at a school or business, purchase a multi-user seat license. If your purchase is for lecture or demonstration purposes, request a site license quote.
Personal use access to our course-based products
Students enrolled in a course that uses Visible Body Courseware or Course Pack are either provided access through their institution or can purchase a subscription through the Visible Body website. The license for these two products grants students subscription access to their course content on Courseware or Course Pack and includes mobile apps the students can download for reference.
Some buying advice about these course-based products:
- These products are sold as licenses for individual users to access the web portal with access to a particular course, and download associated reference apps to their mobile phone and tablet. They are a subscription production and the term of the subscription and the number of apps is selected by the institution offering the course.
- Students and instructors using these products are granted permissions to use the content for creating course-related materials and presentations.
- Want to make sure one of our apps works on your mobile device or computer before you purchase? Here are links to the system requirements for Courseware and Course Pack.
Multiple-user apps for computers or tablets
You can purchase multi-user apps (apps that will be installed on tablets and computers accessed by many users) directly from our seat and site license website product page or by requesting a quote from a member of our sales team. This is the type of license you need if you are installing one of our apps on a computer in a library or lab, or on a school cart.
Some buying advice about these individual use apps:
- These apps are sold as licenses for multiple users to access on one device on an annual basis. They are a subscription.
- If you want either the MacOS or Windows versions you can make a purchase on our website.
- If you want Android apps or iOS apps for iPads, use this form to request a quote from a member of our team.
- Want to check that our apps work on the devices at your school, business, or institution? Here are links to system requirements for our best-selling apps:
Is an individual user license OK for some education purposes?
Yes, if the school is purchasing apps for individual students to install on their personal devices.
Here are two examples: You can as a school buy 5 individual use licenses and gift them to 5 students to use on their personal computers. You can also buy one individual use license and use it for personal reference (not lecture or display) or your personal mobile device or computer. But if you are using the apps on specific devices owned by the institution and made available to multiple students, the appropriate license is a multi-user seat license or a site license.
Apps for all students and employees at a school, institution, or business
Need your entire student body and all employees to access one or more Visible Body apps from various types of devices on or off campus? You can purchase a site license for your school or institution by requesting a quote. This is the type of license you need if you want students and employees at your school, institution, or business to have access to our apps on various types of devices, whether they are on campus or using the institution's network off campus.
Some buying advice about these site licenses:
- Price is an annual subscription based on how many individuals at the institution have work associated with the product.
- Access is available as laptop/desktop web access and mobile app access to any individual within an institution's network.
- Students and instructors using site licenses are granted permissions to use the content for creating course-related materials and presentations.
- Use this form to request a quote from a member of our team. In the information field, include the app(s) you are interested in and the number of students enrolled in courses that use the content in the apps (FTE - full time equivalency).
- Want to check that our apps work on the devices at your school, business or institution? Here are links to system requirements for our best-selling apps:
Permission to lecture, present, or use content from our apps
Students, instructors, and employees (1) at institutions with a site license to our apps or (2) in a course that requires Courseware or Course Packs have—included with their purchase—permission to present, lecture and use content from the apps that are part of their subscription. The terms of these permissions are described in the permissions article.