This article is for students new to Visible Body Courseware. It gives an overview of the main dashboard and of its key features.
NOTE: If your instructor uses Courseware with Canvas or Blackboard single sign-on please see this article to set up your account. Steps 1 and 2 below do not apply to single sign-on, but steps 3 through 7 still may be helpful!
Here are our top 7 tips for students who are starting out:
1. Start by clicking the invite link from your instructor
If your school has a site license:
- Use the invite link so that you're sent through your school's proxy to the sign-up page
- From there, you can follow the instructions to create your account
- After you sign up, you can log into Courseware by going to https://courseware.visiblebody.com, no need to keep using the link from your instructor
If you are purchasing Courseware or using an access code provided by your school:
- Use the invite link to get to the sign-up page
- Follow the instructions to create your account
- Then, you can either make a purchase or enter your code
2. Bookmark the Courseware homepage
Make a bookmark of https://courseware.visiblebody.com so you can easily return to your course in the future.
3. Use the right internet browser
Chrome, Edge, and Safari all work with Visible Body Courseware. Here are all the system requirements for Courseware.
4. Start completing assignments
Whenever a new assignment is published or a new announcement is posted, you will be notified with a red dot next to both the category and the content. You can also use the calendar to see exactly when assignments are due. Play the video below for more information on assignment notifications for tracking your progress toward completing assignments:
Remember that Courseware does not work in browsers on mobile devices like phones and tablets. You must complete assignments on a computer.
Here's some more information on how to complete your assignments:
Practice quizzes vs graded quizzes:
Practice quizzes do not report to the Gradebook. Only graded quizzes are recorded in the Gradebook. Graded quizzes are identified on your Assignments page with the checkmark icon.
5. About the My Apps section in Courseware
The My Apps section in Courseware is a reference hub. Here you can study and explore on the web, or download VB Suite to your mobile phone and learn on the go.
6. Manipulating the 3D models
7. Accessing Support inside Courseware
Anytime you are inside Courseware and have a question, you can access this support site by clicking the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen.