If you’re a student who is new to Visible Body Courseware, you may want to learn a bit more about it, how to get started, and how to get around.
NOTE: If your instructor is using Courseware with Canvas integration please see this article here to set up your account. Steps 1 and 2 below do not apply to Canvas integration, but you may still find 3 through 7 helpful!
The video below should give you an easy introduction:
We also have a few tips and tricks so that you can get the most out of Courseware. Here are our top 7 tips for students who are starting out:
1. Start by clicking the invite link from your instructor
If your school has a site license:
- Use the invite link so that you're sent through your school's proxy to the sign up page
- From there, you can follow the instructions to create your account
- After you sign up, you can log into Courseware by going to https://courseware.visiblebody.com, no need to keep using the link from your instructor
If your school is using the Courseware integration in Canvas:
- Log into your Canvas account and go to the course where you are using Courseware
- Select the Visible Body Courseware launcher from the left-hand menu
- In the Courseware window, you will be prompted to either sign up or sign in
- Follow the instructions to create your account, or sign in using your existing Courseware credentials. If your school currently has a group subscription you won't be prompted to purchase or use a code, you will be brought right to your course
If you are purchasing Courseware or using an access code provided provided by your school:
- Use the invite link to get to the sign up page
- Follow the instructions to create your account
- Then, you can either make a purchase or enter your code
2. Bookmark the Courseware homepage
Make a bookmark of https://courseware.visiblebody.com to quickly get back to your course.
3. Use the right internet browser
Chrome, Firefox, and Safari all work with Visible Body Courseware, but Internet Explorer does not. Here are all of the system requirements for Courseware.
4. Start completing assignments
Whenever a new assignment is published or a new announcement is posted, you will be notified with a red pip next to both the category and the content. You can also use the calendar to see exactly when assignments are due.
Remember that Courseware does not work in browsers on mobile devices like phones and tablets. Only the mobile apps work on mobile devices, and assignments and quizzes cannot be completed using only the mobile apps. You must complete them on a computer via courseware.visiblebody.com.
Here's some more information on how to complete your assignments:
Practice quizzes vs graded quizzes:
Courseware serves up content from the Visible Body web apps, but only graded quizzes are recorded in the Gradebook. Graded quizzes are identified on your Assignments page with this icon:
Practice quizzes are assigned from Anatomy & Physiology, Human Anatomy Atlas, or Muscle Premium and will not be recorded in the Gradebook. Practice quizzes in the mobile apps are only for self-study and will not count toward your grade.
5. Download the mobile apps
Download the mobile apps for reference alongside your course! They’re awesome and give you access to tons of extra content while you’re on the go. Once you’ve downloaded them, they don’t even require wifi. Here’s how to download the mobile apps. Make sure that you review the system requirements for before you download them to your device.
Note: You get one mobile download per app. If you have more than one mobile device, choose the device where you think you’ll use Visible Body the most.
6. Launch the web apps
When launching an assignment or web app, it’s normal for the load time to be up to a minute. Make sure that you're using an updated version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and that your internet connection is strong. Some amazing 3D graphics are loading for you, and once they load, the apps will work fast!
7. Practice manipulating the 3D models
Human Anatomy Atlas, Muscle Premium, Anatomy & Physiology, and Physiology & Pathology all include 3D models that you can explore. You can move and rotate the models, dissect structures, and zoom through the models' layers. Use our tutorials to learn how to manipulate the 3D anatomy models and how to build your own custom views.
Feeling stuck? Try the Help Center and our other resources!
In the upper right corner of the Courseware screen, you can find the help icon with a link to the Courseware Help Center.
Download our PDF Walkthrough
For even more help, you can download our walkthrough guide to Getting Started with Visible Body below: