This article will guide you through how to create an account, create and set-up a course, and invite people to join your Courseware course. Thank you for choosing Visible Body Courseware!
Step 1: Create an Account
To get started in Courseware, follow the link provided by the Visible Body Education Team and create your account. That will take you to the Courseware sign-up page. From there, follow these easy steps:
- Add your name, email address, and password.
- Check your email! You should get a confirmation email. Follow the link in the email and log in using your email address and password.
If you haven't talked to the Visible Body Education team yet about Courseware, you can contact them here.
Step 2: Create a Course
There are two different ways to create a Courseware course. You can either create a new course or customize one of Visible Body's pre-made courses.
Create a New Course
- Log into your Courseware dashboard and select “Create Course.”
- In the course creation page
- Enter your course name
- Choose your time zone
- Enter a course ID (optional)
- Upload your school’s logo (optional)
Customize Visible Body’s Pre-made Courses
New instructor accounts in Visible Body Courseware include 2 pre-made courses:
To customize one of the courses you can:
- Create new assignments or edit the existing ones
- Upload course resources
- Reorganize the course by rearranging folders, making new ones, and changing the release dates and due dates for assignments
- Create new quizzes and quiz questions to use in Graded Quiz Assignments
- Edit your Course Info
Step 3: Invite Course Participants
There are two types of Courseware accounts: Student and Course Administrator (Instructor). They have different levels of access which you can read about here. You can invite both Students and Course Administrators by following these 3 easy steps.
- On the “My Courses” page, select your course.
- Select “Invite People” from the menu on the left.
- Copy the course link and send it to your students, teaching assistants, or other instructors at your school.
- When students join your course, their names will appear in your class roster. Students can view your published course content, their grades, and Visible Body’s mobile and web apps.
- When teaching assistants and other instructors join your course, they will appear as instructors within your course. They will have the same access to the course that you do, including all student grades.
Now that you've created a course: