Visible Body offers two products for instructors interested in assigning content from our apps through a learning management system (LMS): Course Packs and Courseware. This article compares the features of each.
- Both products offer similar purchase options.
- The content available in each product is slightly different.
- How instructors assign the content differs significantly with each product.
- What information is passed between the student and the product differs.
Read the sections below for more details and links to tutorial content and examples.
Access to Courseware and Course Packs can be purchased individually by students or access can be purchased by the school for students.
Courseware is Visible Body’s web-based teaching and learning platform. Think of it as an LMS (learning management system) that comes loaded with Visible Body's award-winning content, and can share information with Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, and D2L.
Course Packs are Visible Body’s integrations with Canvas, Moodle, D2L, and Blackboard. Visible Body’s award-winning content can be accessed from within these popular LMS platforms.
Assigning content and course management
Each product has different options for how to assign content. Courseware has more options. Each product has different options for course management.
- Within Courseware you can select and assign visual and interactive assets from our products or you can upload or link to your own content.
- Within Courseware you can select one of three pre-made courses available on the platform and use them ‘out of the box’ or edit as needed. Want to make your own from scratch? That’s also simple to do.
- Courseware includes a question bank and a quiz bank with multiple choice, dissection, and short answer quizzes. Instructors can edit what they see or create new questions and quizzes to fit their course's needs.
- Courseware includes additional course management tools: a gradebook with detailed student quiz results, a class roster, the option to add/remove students from a course, and the ability to send announcements to students. The gradebook results can be transferred to another LMS (Blackboard, D2L, Canvas, Moodle).
- Within the LMS your school uses (D2L, Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle) you can select and assign visual and interactive assets from our products.
- Course Packs include a quiz bank with multiple choice and dissection quizzes. There is no option to edit these quizzes.
- Course Packs integrate with many of the gradebook/reporting features of the LMS integrations.
Content in each product
Each product has different Visible Body assets. Courseware has more recently updated products.
Courseware comes loaded with the latest site license versions of Human Anatomy Atlas 2018, Anatomy & Physiology 2018, Muscle Premium 2018, and Physiology Animations.
Course Packs are available with one or more of the following apps: Human Anatomy Atlas 2017, Muscle Premium 2017, Anatomy & Physiology 2018. Please note that Course Packs do not include the Physiology Animations product nor do they include the mobile augmented reality feature (AR) first released in Human Anatomy Atlas 2018.
If an institution makes a Course Pack purchase for students, the only information collected by the product is an LMS userID. This is a non-personally identifiable string that links an LMS account with work and performance on assignments that report to the LMS. The Course Pack product does not collect any personally identifiable information from Course Pack users.