This article is for students who want to use Courseware after their free trial or paid subscription expires. Students can extend Courseware access by purchasing a subscription or by signing in through their institution’s group subscription. This article explains how to do both.
Log in through your school’s group subscription
If your school has an active group subscription to Courseware, you can extend access to your account at no cost. Just log in to your account in one of two ways:
- If you’re off-campus: Ask your instructor to resend the Courseware invite link to the course in which you are enrolled. Using that link, log into your Courseware account through the library portal to access the school’s wifi network. (Note: Most schools provide you with access through the library portal. If you have questions, ask your instructor.)
- If you’re on campus: Ask your instructor to resend the Courseware invite link to the course in which you are enrolled. Log into your school’s wifi network, then use the invite link to log into your Courseware account for access.
After you have used either method to link your student account to your school’s group subscription, your access will be extended for the duration of your school’s subscription. You will no longer need to use your instructor's invite link, you can access your course through Courseware.visiblebody.com.
Use a code provided by your school
If your free student trial or paid subscription is about to expire, and your school has given you an activation code, you can extend your subscription. To do this, log into your Courseware account from any computer. Then go to https://courseware.visiblebody.com/purchase enter your activation code in the box provided, and select the Redeem button.
Purchase a subscription to Courseware
If your free student trial or paid subscription is about to expire, and your school does not have a group subscription, you can purchase a student account or extend your paid subscription. To do this, log into your Courseware account from any computer. You can either follow the steps in the pop-up notification that alerts you to the upcoming expiration of access or choose “Extend Access” from the dropdown below the account user name.
About free trials
Visible Body Courseware offers free trials for students. During the free trial period you can:
- Join an instructor’s course
- Access and complete all homework assigned through the course
- Take graded quizzes that report to their instructor’s Courseware gradebook
The only limitation of the free trial is that you do not have access to the mobile reference apps. Once the free trial ends you will be unable to access the course, assignments, quizzes, and grades until you extend access by purchasing a subscription or linking your account to your school’s group subscription. Once you have extended your access, you’ll be able to install mobile reference apps.
About paid subscriptions
There are two ways to have a paid Visible Body Courseware student account:
- Purchase a student account subscription
- Link a student account to a school’s group subscription
Checking your account expiration date
How do you know when your free trial or subscription ends? Check the expiration date and watch out for pop-up notifications.
- To check the expiration date, log into your account, and select the dropdown below the account user name.
- Courseware uses pop-up notifications to remind students when access will expire. These show up during a free trial or near the end of a paid subscription. You’ll be alerted with an expiration date and steps to extending access if needed.
If you still have questions, you can contact support at https://support.visiblebody.com/hc/en-us/requests/new