If your school uses Courseware and Canvas, your instructor can set it up so that your Courseware course and your Canvas course are linked. As a student, you can access your Courseware course through Canvas with the use of single sign-on.
Link your accounts
Follow these three steps to link your Courseware account with Canvas.
- First, log into your Canvas account, and then navigate to your course that is using Courseware integration.
- In the menu on the left, select Visible Body Courseware. This will launch Courseware inside of Canvas.
- An error may occur if your instructor has 1. Not finished linking the Courseware and Canvas courses, or 2. Used an incorrect Secret or Key to set up the integration. Please contact your instructor if you see an error when you select Courseware from the left-hand menu.
- In the Courseware window, you can either:
- Select "Sign up!" and create an account. If your school currently has a group subscription, you won't be prompted to purchase or use a code and you will be brought right to your course. If you've been instructed to purchase a subscription, you can read this article to learn about how to buy.
- Or select "Sign in!" to log in with your existing account credentials. This will link your Courseware and Canvas accounts so that you never have to log into Courseware within Canvas again and will automatically enroll you in the correct Courseware course.
This video will also walk you through the account linking process!
After logging in to Courseware, you won't be asked to do so again. Just log into Canvas! Selecting the Courseware launcher on the left menu will bring you right to your course page.
If you want to access Courseware outside of Canvas, you can do that too! Just use the Courseware credentials that you created and log in at https://courseware.visiblebody.com/.
Troubleshooting for Safari users
If you are using Safari and see an error message, follow these steps: