If your school uses Courseware and Canvas or Blackboard learning management systems (LMS), your instructor can set it up so that your Courseware course and your Canvas or Blackboard course are linked. This way, you can access your Courseware course through whichever LMS your school uses.
Access your course
Follow these three steps to access your Courseware account through Canvas or Blackboard.
- First, log in to your Canvas or Blackboard account, and then navigate to your course.
- In the menu on the left, select Visible Body Courseware. This will launch Courseware inside your LMS.
NOTE: An error may occur if your instructor has:
- Not finished linking the Courseware and Canvas or Blackboard courses, or
- Used an incorrect Secret or Key to set up the single sign-on. Please contact your instructor if you see an error when you select Courseware from the left-hand menu.
- In the Courseware window, you can either:
- Select "Sign up!" and create an account. If your school currently has a group subscription, you won't be prompted to purchase or use a code, and you will be brought right to your course. If you've been instructed to purchase a subscription, you can read this article to learn about buying one.
- Or, select "Sign in!" to log in with your existing account credentials, or sign in with Google by entering your Google account information. Once signed in, you will be enrolled in the correct Courseware course, and will not need to sign in again to access your course.
This video will also walk you through the account access process for Canvas!
- After logging in to Courseware, you won't be asked to do so again. Just log into Canvas or Blackboard! Selecting the Courseware launcher on the left menu will bring you right to your course page.
- If you want to access Courseware outside of your LMS, you can do that too! Just use the Courseware credentials that you created and log in at https://courseware.visiblebody.com/.
Troubleshooting for Safari users
If you are using Safari and see an error message, follow these steps:
- Select "Safari" from the top menu bar.
- In the dropdown, select "Preferences".
- In the settings window, select "Privacy" from the top bar.
- Uncheck the box for "Prevent cross-site tracking"
- Try linking your accounts again.
If you still see an error message, please contact our support team.
For more FAQs or troubleshooting help, check out these articles:
Courseware Troubleshooting for Students (FAQs)
Problems joining your instructor's Course?
Getting Started with Student Courseware
Changing from a free trial to a paid subscription, or extending a paid subscription
You can also find lots of helpful information about using Courseware on our YouTube Channel and on the Visible Body Blog.