This article is for IT Admins who wish to set up Canvas integration at the account level at their school so that instructors can have Visible Body Courseware appear in the left-hand bar of their Canvas course. If you are setting up Canvas integration at the Canvas course level, you can follow the steps outlined in this article.
The goal is to set up the integration, and if desired, test out linking a Visible Body Courseware course to the Canvas course. Before you start the integration process you need a Courseware "secret and key" for Canvas and a Visible Body Courseware instructor account from the Visible Body Team. If you are missing either, contact Visible Body support.
Step 1: Integrating Courseware into Canvas
- On the left bar, open the Admin Account options.
- Select the account you wish to integrate with Visible Body Courseware.
- Then in the Settings menu, select the apps tab.
- From here you can search for Visible Body Courseware in the EDU App Center.
- Then select the Blue "+ Add app" button and enter the secret and key into the pop-up and select "Add app".
- In the Settings menu, go to Navigation.
- You’ll see Visible Body Courseware in a list under items that will be hidden from students. Drag and drop it to the place you want it to show on the left-hand bar (course navigation section).
- Select “Save”.
Step 2: Checking integration
To confirm that integration is complete, you will need to link a Courseware course to a Canvas course. To do so, you will need an instructor Courseware account. Please contact Visible Body Support for credentials. Once you confirm that two courses can be linked, you can let your instructors know they can do the same by following these instructions.
- Select Courseware from the left-hand bar and sign in with your instructor credentials to link your Canvas and Courseware accounts.
- Next, you'll be prompted to link a course from Courseware with your Canvas course. Select any course from the dropdown, or create a new course by selecting "Create one".
- Look for the green confirmation message at the top of the screen to make sure your course has been linked successfully.
- Let your instructors know they can now link their Canvas course to their Courseware course, using the instructions in this article.
Note: Only one Courseware course may be linked to a single Canvas course.
If you still need help setting up linking for your accounts, fill out a support ticket to book a time to work with the Visible Body Support team.