In this tutorial, learn how to access Muscle Actions to learn about the actions, agonists, and synergists in Human Anatomy Atlas 2021.
Atlas has over 70 different muscle actions!
There are three ways to access them:
- In the Menu screen select the Muscle Actions at the top right.
All the muscle actions are displayed by region.
- Search at the bottom left of the menu screen to find specific muscles.
Muscle actions are shown at the bottom with the views.
- Tap on any muscle and select the pin icon.
Relevant muscle actions are viewable in the related content section.
When viewing a muscle action there are a few features to note:
- When the listed muscle action is occurring muscles are in full color. When the model is resetting the colors fade and the animation speeds up.
- Select the info button to read information about the muscle action.
This includes a description of the action, the prime movers, and the synergists.
- All the muscles on-screen are agonists involved in the muscle action.
Select any muscle to access its definition and pronunciation.
- Select the AR icon to view the muscle action in augmented reality and turn any study location into an anatomy lab!