2.00 (August 15, 2022)
We’ve added a new unit: Animal Structure and Function!
- New Sea Star and Earthworm models. Help students visualize the external and internal structures of these animals and learn about their functions.
- Our new animal models use our systems tray functionality, so you can easily isolate specific body systems.
1.02 (June 27, 2022)
- New mitosis 3D simulation model. Help students visualize how body cells divide via mitosis to form genetically identical daughter cells.
- New meiosis I and II 3D simulation models. Help students visualize how genetically unique sex cells (or gametes) are produced via meiosis.
1.01 (December 8, 2021)
Our first major update! We've added the following new models, views, and more!
- More animated 3D models and 3D model views!
- New cellular respiration 3D moving model: Help students visualize how the mitochondria of a cell make ATP molecules.
- New thylakoid and stroma 3D moving model: Teaching photosynthesis? Take a deeper view into chloroplast to better understand light-dependent and light-independent reactions.
- More preset 3D model views of the Eukaryotic Chromosome: Now it’s easier to show the duplicated chromosome, nucleosomes and chromatin, and the DNA double helix.
- More preset 3D model views of the Molecular Level of DNA: Now it’s easier to focus on the sugar-phosphate backbone, base pairs, and three and five prime.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
1.00 (September 22, 2021)
NEW Visible Biology is now available as a Site License!
Introducing Visible Biology! Learn and teach biology in immersive 3D. Use simple controls to engage with interactive simulations. Study 3D models from multiple perspectives. Watch bite-sized 3D animations that explain big concepts.
- Now you can navigate through 3D simulation models, animations, quizzes, flashcards and more.
- Explore units containing biological systems and functionality including cells, plant structure, photosynthesis and DNA structure.
- Learned something new? Apply what you learned by completing lab activities and dissection quizzes.