This article is for any instructor who wants to use custom content to create and share custom 3D Views and Tours, Flashcards and Flashcard Decks with custom URLs and QR codes, or help students do the same.
With Courseware, you can:
- Create and share engaging presentations, assignments, and assessments tailored to your course’s specific requirements.
- Design Views and Tours that include notes, labels, highlighting, drawings, and pre-dissected views.
- Create and share custom Flashcards and Flashcard Decks to supplement student study tool options or assign to students.
- Differentiate instruction to assist students with various learning styles by sharing custom-built Views or Tours.
Not sure where to start? Here are some instructor and student-tested ideas!
- Through your Courseware account, you have access to My Apps for all the content you need to make custom assignments and presentations.
- Build a custom Views collection in My Library using content from Visible Body Suite (formerly Human Anatomy Atlas):
Build custom dissected views using Dissection Tool or the Systems Tray, and save them in Favorites. Watch below to see how we've improved the Systems Tray to do this even better!
- Create 3D interactive drawings.
- Add labels with the Tags feature to custom views. You can even use the blank Tags setting.
- Ditch the PowerPoint and create a 3D interactive presentation with Tours.
- Build custom dissected views using Dissection Tool or the Systems Tray, and save them in Favorites. Watch below to see how we've improved the Systems Tray to do this even better!
- Build a custom Flashcard and Flashcard Deck collection in the Study tab, using content from Visible Body Suite and Visible Biology.
- Share any content (views, Flashcard/Flashcard Decks, Tours and more) with custom QR codes or URLs! Select "Download QR Code" or "Copy Link" to make your choice.
Note for QR codes: Students must download the Visible Body Suite mobile app (formerly Human Anatomy Atlas 2023 +) to scan and access the content.
- You can make custom content, then create and edit assignments in Courseware.
- Assign stunning custom 3D interactive Tours.
- Assign or share custom 3D interactive Flashcard Decks.
- Did someone share a Flashcard Deck with you? Open it and save it to your collection for full functionality.
- Assess student knowledge at the highest Bloom’s Taxonomy levels. Ask students to create their own Views and Tours using these same tools.
- You can add custom images to any multiple choice or short answer quiz questions in Courseware.
- Here’s how instructors and students can share their Visible Body Suite and Visible Biology masterpieces with other Courseware users.
- Share Visible Body Suite mobile flashcards with other users to review on the go!
Check out these engaging activities to incorporate into your Courseware teaching and learning:
- Want to work virtually with a human organ, right at your desk? Using Visible Body Suite Augmented Reality Mode (AR Mode), bring AR to the lab and instantly engage your students by using Augmented Reality lab activities.
- Visible Biology keeps adding stunning 3D models from multiple perspectives to Courseware, now available for assignable Flashcard Decks, Views, Tours and more.
- On mobile devices, select the AR icon in Visible Body Suite to view a customized Muscle Action animation in Augmented Reality and turn any study location into an anatomy lab.
- Get students’ pulses racing by interacting with the beating heart, then assign a lab activity where they can measure their own heart rate and see it in real time! Check out our Lab Activities here.
- Use other free Visible Body resources and tools for instructors to expand your teaching toolkit.