In this tutorial, learn how to access Muscle Actions to learn about the actions, agonists, and synergists in Human Anatomy Atlas 2022＋.
Atlas has over 70 different muscle actions!
There are three ways to access them:
- In the Menu screen select the Muscle Actions at the top right.
All the muscle actions are displayed by region.
- Search at the bottom left of the menu screen to find specific muscles.
Muscle actions are shown at the bottom with the views.
- Tap on any muscle and select the pin icon.
Relevant muscle actions are viewable in the related content section.
When viewing a muscle action there are a few features to note:
- When the listed muscle action is occurring muscles are in full color. When the model is resetting the colors fade and the animation speeds up.
- Select the info button to read information about the muscle action.
This includes a description of the action, the prime movers, and the synergists.
- All the muscles on-screen are agonists involved in the muscle action.
Select any muscle to access its definition and pronunciation.
We took the best-selling reference books and collaborated with educators and health practitioners to choose what was once learned through muscle charts, and turned it into interactive 3D!