This article is for Visible Biology users who want to make a User Account, add labels, create a presentation with Tours, create 3D Drawings, and share and save custom content.
Creating a User Account
By creating a user account, you can now share custom 3D views with others!
Note: If you are a Courseware or Web Suite user, your Visible Biology user accounts are created during sign-up. There are no additional steps needed to share your custom content with other users.
- To make a user account, select the settings button, then select sign in. Select create an account and enter your email.
- Then enter your first and last name, and choose a profile that best describes you.
- Create a password. When you’re done, select finish. Select sync to load all of your saved content to your new user account. The screen will prompt you when your custom content has been saved to the cloud.
- Now you can share your custom 3D views with others! Choose a view, and select email. Then, enter the email of a friend who also has a user account. The link to your view will be sent to them in an email, and they will be able to see and manipulate your view.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ
Saved Custom Content
To save content, make sure you are signed in to your Visible Body account.
- Open or create a View you want to access from the My Library section.
- Select the Save View button.
- Give your View a name.
- You can now find your View in the My Library section.
Adding Labels with the Tags feature
The Tags feature can be used as a study tool to add labels in 3D views.
- To tag or add labels to 3D structures, select a structure and use the tags icon.
- Drag the tag to reposition it.
- Repeat this to add all the desired tags!
- Use the x inside the tag to delete it.
- The tags are 3D. Rotate the model and the tag repositions. If the structure tagged is not viewable, the tag appears faded.
- Select a tag and the 3D model becomes selected.
- Select "clear all tags" to return to a view with just the 3D model.
From the settings menu, you can set tags as blank to be used as a self-test.
Creating 3D Drawings
With the Draw tool, you can add your own 3D drawings to your views to help illustrate processes or draw attention to key anatomy.
- Select Draw in the Annotate menu to get started.
- Set the drawing plane, and select “Start Drawing”.
- Select any of the tools from the palate to mark up your view.
- To draw an arrow, select where you want the arrow to start and then drag away.
- You can use the pencil tool to add some notes to your drawing by using a mouse or a touch screen device.
- By selecting the Move tool, you can now make adjustments to the model or reposition it on screen. You can then set a new plane to add a second drawing. You can do this as many times as you would like.
- To return to or edit a previous drawing, you can select “Last Drawing” or “Edit Drawing”. “Last Drawing” allows you to edit your most recent changes. “Edit Drawing” allows you to edit any of your drawings since you opened the view.
Creating a presentation with Tours
Tours are created by linking together some of your Favorite views. You will need at least two Favorites before you can create a Tour.
- First, select the "Start" button in the Tours section of "My Library."
- Select the Views in the order that you would like them to appear, name, and save.
- You can now seamlessly transition between Views for a smoother and more convenient presentation.
Sharing Custom Content
To send custom content to other users, follow these steps to generate a Share Link.
Select the three-dot icon underneath the custom content you want to share.
Select Share and then select Copy Link.
Send the link and share your content with other Visible Biology users.
Viewing shared custom content
To open a shared View, Tour, Flashcard, or Flashcard Deck, select the Share Link icon. Then, when prompted, paste the link you have received and select Launch.
Note: Opening a Share Link will not save it to your account.