This article is for Visible Biology users who want to familiarize themselves with the UI, search for preset views, and how to move the 3D models.
If you want to browse, the menu bar on the main screen is organized by Units.
Under Units, all the 3D models are organized by Unit type.
The Study section allows you to explore 3D models associated with the lab activities in Courseware.
If you are interested in a specific model or unit, you can enter it into the Content Search and then sort through the categorized results.
3: 3D Models
4: Content Search
How do I move the model around?
Use the following gestures to move or interact with the 3D models on screen.
- Aim the stylus over an object and press the front button to grab hold of it.
- While holding onto an object you can rotate or twist your wrist to spin the model.
- Move your hand side to side or up and down to reposition the object within the 3D space.
- Pressing the right button on the stylus will allow you to scale the model up or down by moving your hand closer or farther from the screen.
Accessing detailed information about a 3D view
Any view that you launch has additional information and related content. The following can be found in the Content box:
- The name of the current view will be listed at the top of the content box.
- Select the information icon to see a detailed description.
- When you select any 3D object, it will highlight in blue and the name of the object will be displayed in the content box.
- Select the book icon for a definition.
- The speaker icon, available only in English, plays a pronunciation of the selected object’s name.
- To learn about a structure’s relationship within the general view select the caret and view the hierarchy. Select the hierarchy to get additional information.
- The Related Content bar lists other assets that may be of interest depending on what structure you have selected. Selecting icons in Related Content provides access to other Views.